Changing Your Computer Preferred DNS
In most cases, the following instructions will speed up your Internet access. In addition, using these DNS entries gives you access to additional services and filtering for your Internet connection. You can find out more at Open DNS.
• Right click on the My Network Places icon on the desktop and select Properties. (If the icon is not available, go to Start menu | My Computer | My Network Places | View Network Connections.)
• Locate the network connection that is associated with your Internet connection. This may be labeled something like “Local Area Connection.” If you have more than one connection to choose from, be sure you determine the right one before proceeding.
• Right click on the appropriate connection and select Properties.
• In the list that appears under the General tab, double click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
• In the window that appears, you want to select the option to Use the following DNS server addresses…
• At this point you will want to enter your personal preferred DNS servers of 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
• Press Ok out of all windows until you are back to the Network Connections window. You can now open your web browser and browse to a website to see if it connects faster.