Mobile App To Detect Data Leaks
viaProtect from viaForensics.
ViaProtect monitors all apps for mobile risks. For instance, viaProtect can detect if an app handles your personal data insecurely by transmitting it unencrypted or to servers located overseas. viaForensics estimates that as many as 75 percent of apps are “leaky”, or insecure.
ViaProtect gathers mobile forensic, system, network, security and sensor data from devices, then utilizes statistical analysis and risk indicators to detect suspicious events or behavior. This means that an app can be monitored in real-time to predict potential risks or problems– rather than just checking for known malicious apps. viaProtect uses real time analytics to detect behavior that is suspicious or potentially risky.
The app allows the user to:
- Get a device risk rating – a simple score that lets them know if their data is safe
- Learn how phones and tablets are sending data – including what data is sent insecurely
- Discover exactly where their data is being sent
- Be informed of risky device modifications including root detection
- Be alerted about leaky and insecure apps