Email – Stop POP3D access blocks
If you have been blocked by the server for accessing the email server more than once a minute, here is how you fix that issue. Each email client is configured differently, but as long as the client is checking less then once a minute you will be OK. Below is where to adjust these settings for a few popular email clients
- Log into RoundCube and click on Settings in the upper right corner.
- Click on User Interface under Preferences
- Under “Refresh (check for new messages, etc.)” and set it to something greater than 5 minutes to be safe.
- Click on “Save” to save your setting.
- Click Send/Receive > Send/Receive Groups > Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Click the group you want to change.
- Change the options.
- Adjust where it says “Schedule an automatic send/receive every XX minutes” to something greater than 5 minutes to be safe.
- Click “Close” to save your setting.
- Right click on the Account you wish to change.
- Choose Settings on the drop-down menu by clicking on it to get to Account Settings.
- Click on Server Settings. Make sure “Check for new messages every XX minutes” is checked, and then enter the frequency in minutes in the box provided. Entering “15” will cause Thunderbird to check for new E-Mail on that account every 15 minutes.
- Click on the “OK” button to save your setting.